Monday, May 26, 2008

The "D" Word

Okay, look I created this blog to count the blessing that I'm granted daily (yes, they area daily, even when I try to ignore them). It was supposed to offer me the opportunity to see how God has lead me in the past and how He has never forsaken me. It is a way to count my blessings and hopefully through the testimony on my own blessings to maybe, just maybe, bless someone else. Of course, I really doubt my readership is larger than 3 (one of those being myself), but the writing exercise is helpful, too. However, I wanted to pose a question from time to time, and who knows maybe the other two readers will comment on this one.

Anyway, here is the question: When can a person move on after a marriage is over, or maybe better phrased when is a marriage over? When I thought of this question, I was trying to help a friend, who is actually divorced now and dating his ex-wife. I told him what I've read in the Word, that divorce is only acceptable in cases of infidelity i.e. adultery, but that it doesn't have to be so, even in that case. But how long should a person just be without companionship, if there spouse leaves. How do they know if that person has did the adultery thing? Honestly, I can't really find a definite biblical reason for divorce, the adultery thing seems to be allowed because well, that's just extremely painful and difficult to recover from. Check out this link to Bibleinfo.com I use this site alot for bible verses on specific topics. Anyway, what do you all think?

Check out these lyrics from Anthony Hamilton's "I Cry":

Girl I cry
These tears that I shed are the trail to bring you home
Girl I cry
Mama told me that a mans own tears can make him strong
Girl I cry
I will sit around here and wait for you to come home
I cry for you, I'll cry
I cry for you, I'll cry

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I don't believe a marriage is ever truly over (from a Biblical perspective). We may leave a marriage, the sharing of the same home, but in actually we are still joined in action and reaction to one another, to thought, memories, pain, and joys.

When one or both go on to create companionships, I warn to do so ever carefully. In my mind, if the marriage is never truly over and one person starts a new relationship, isn't that causing more pain for the other?

I tend to ramble, so I pray you can understand my thoughts.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home