Friday, March 28, 2008

2 blessed 2 B stressed

"2 Blessed 2 B Stressed" I think I saw this on a T-shirt sometime ago. I try not to use trite or cliched sayings, but in my tired and weary state, I'm going to use it. It's not just because of mental fatigue, but I'm reporting two blessing at the summation of this stressful week. If you've been reading these blogs then you know that my posting have centered around maintaining my sanity, my faith, and my joy. You would also know that I have progressed, but this past week, it felt as though I got stomped in the chest twice by a big bull elephant. If you don't know, that's stress.
I purposely keep certain issues vague for two reasons: one being this is the internet. I'd like to have a little privacy. Two being I like to think that you might be blessed by the general issues rather than trying to possibly identify completely with my life path. However, in order for you to get this blessing you have to know I don't have any money. As a matter of fact, I owe the bank money.
Early during the week like Sunday, I was getting low on gas for my car. The gauge was reading maybe just above an 1/8 of a tank on Sunday night. I figured I could make it to work Monday. On Monday morning, gauge read 1/4 tank. When I got home Monday, it read a little less than an 1/8. Now an 1/8 of a tank isn't on of the marks on the gauge, so really the gauge is saying that I have a little more than gas fumes keeping it from reading E. Now for the next two days, the gas reading when I get home from work is less than the following morning when I leave for work again. I prayed for enough gas to make it to work this past week. My gas gauge has been working properly, and after I received some money for gas the gauge hasn't been fluctuating in the morning. God put just enough gas in my car every night until I could make it to the gas station with money, so that I could make it to work every morning.
Well, that was blessing number one. Number two is this. After the second elephant stomping or the second time I received news this week that greatly saddened me, I heard God speak to me answering questions I prayed about. Now God doesn't speak to me directly. If He did, it'd probably scare me half to death. But through the counsel of the godly, bible study, sermons, and media dedicated to His service, I've been blessed by the word. Answered prayers always boost my faith. God told me that he is there in the midst of it all. AND He gave me some tips of prayer. I needed the refresher. I don't know how well this is written, so the text may get edited. But be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home