Saturday, April 26, 2008

Rumilate?

"What does rumilate mean?" my daughter asked.
"You made it up. Didn't you?" I replied.
"yeah...," she admitted. "It means turn your brain into a chicken."
It made me think of the shows where there is some sort of mystical brain or personality transfer. I remember watching Looney Toons, and Fog Horn Leghorn and the hound dog had their personalities swapped. It was pretty funny stuff watching the dog talk like Fog Horn. He was talking non-stop and scared of the big chicken that he used to chase.

This morning I was reminded of two things: one was the power of Jesus to save us from our insanities, and the second was a reminder that we battle not against flesh and blood. I was saved from a lifestyle that was becoming more and more insane. Funny thing is that it was a set up or conspiracy from way back. From the time I was about 5 or 6 years old, I already had tendencies toward sin. I was conceived in iniquity. I only admit that fact to say that Satan will and tries to destroy us before we have a fighting chance. Think of Baby Moses or Baby Jesus and how they were supposed to be killed as infants. nevertheless, I grew worse until I had a real problem. Wow, think of the responsibility from a parent's perspective. It gives us guard your mind and your children's. We used to sing a song in sabbath school as children that went "watch your eyes what they hear, watch your ears what they hear." My bible study this morning reminded me of the demoniacs who were restored to their right mind by the Savior. I don't know if they made a conscious decision to be ruled by evil spirits, but I do know that sometimes we make decisions that cause us to forfeit our control an inch at a time until we no longer have any at all. Mind altering substances and subliminal messages are everywhere. A sip of this and a smoke of that aren't the only avenues to the soul. It seems that my mind had been "rumilated," and I forgot who I was. My brain was turned into a chicken. When I was fighting to change my life style that had been a priority in my life it seemed forever, I had to change what I listened to on the radio and watched on t.v.

Well, before you all start clucking, " Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." (Proverbs 4:23)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home