Sunday, March 23, 2008

my taco

Last night I was getting irritated thinking about the unfairness of life while preparing dinner. This is nothing new. I've been here before, and I was trying to remember the scriptures in Psalms about watching your enemies prosper while you're making out like a loser. All this was going through my head while I was fixing my kids plates. And it's not that I have any enemies, but it's like "I, even I, am..." the only one who has ever had such problems and such a bleak outlook and been through such things. And the fact is that I know better for several reasons, but like the case with other postings of mine lately, knowing and behaving are totally different acts. So while I'm in this deep mental debate, My son is whining about his taco that is falling apart. Now I'm already irritable, and this little kid is whining about a soft shelled taco not staying together. He's making this sound like when you let the air out of a rubber balloon while stretching the sides of the neck. "Ehhhhhnnnnnnnnn." Now what has occurred is that he started eating the taco from the top like it was a sandwich. When he got to the bottom one side was only barely connected to the other and all the veggie taco meat was in danger of falling out. Now, I'm developing patience, so in half way through biting his head off like, well, like a soft-shelled taco, I let my voice raise a few octaves and tell him, "That's the way it is. Just go ahead and eat it." I mean he ate through the thing all crazy, right? It was at this point that I had an epiphany. Much of my life I have to be accountable for the irresponsible eating of my taco. Of course, I never asked for life's taco, but who doesn't like tacos. I didn't ask for this life, but the only times I'm complaining about my life are when things aren't going right. And while I'm not to blame for everything that is "screwed up" in my life, whining about it isn't helping my life stay together when the filling is falling out. What does help is counting my answered prayers. It's like guacamole on a falling apart taco. You use your fork or your fingers and it's so good that you just eat it however you can. Psalm 42:11, NIV. "Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will praise Him, my Savior and my God."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT! I PROMISE GOD GIVES US CHILDREN, IN PART TO LEARN TO PAY ATTENTION TO "HIM" MORE! EVEN WHEN OUR TACOS SEEM MESSY, THEY ONLY TASTE BETTER BECAUSE YOU SAID YOUR BLESSING BEFORE YOU STARTED EATING. LIFE IS MESSY, BUT IT IS A GOOD LIFE BECAUSE SOMEONE SAID A BLESSING FOR US, BEFORE WE STARTED LIVING IT. THANK GOD FOR JESUS, AND HIS INTERCEDING ON OUR BEHALF. HE'S PRAYED FOR US ALREADY. AND WHO BETTER TO BLESS YOU, THAN THE MASTER OF OCEAN, EARTH, AND SKY!!!

LOVE YA! YO CUZ, DEMETRIA

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home