Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spanking in the Sanctuary

This weekend, I reluctantly went to church. I figured it would be good for the kids. After the kids go to sabbath school, I'm out;however, I left the house to late to make it. Then I thought it's too much work trying to pacify 4 small children through a long church service, but I had to take my tithe. I don't like to play with God like that. The whole cursed with a curse thing isn't something I want to deal with. So I went to church, but I was so angry, I was thinking I should have just stayed home. Arriving at church, I noticed my sister's van in the parking lot. Just my luck she visits from time to time, so I'd have help with the kids bathroom breaks and restlessness. Still thinking I could drop off my tithe and get out, but once I got in, my helpful niece took one of my daughters across the sanctuary. Seeing that I'm in for the duration of service, I decide to zone out. I've been perfecting the zone out since I was a child at church, but the Holy Spirit wouldn't let me space off. God was speaking directly to me in the sermon, and maybe He had a message for everyone else, too. But "For God so loved Me that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Anyway I got the message, I didn't like it, but I got it. And well, I needed it. Hebrews 12:5,6 "And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: ' My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him; 6 For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home