Sunday, October 10, 2010

Re-finding Myself -Part 3 "Image"

It used to be that when I looked i the mirror, what I saw reaffirmed who I believed myself to be. Having somewhat lost my way, how important is my look to who I am? Support for my aspiration comes in form like many people, I try to involve myself in communities or synthesize various forms of media from magazines to movies that reinforce my beliefs. Oddly enough I don't fit nicely into any one community, so I can't necessarily assimilate a look known to "those people." Maybe once I find myself, the inside will proflect (new term meaning reflect and project. just made it up)on the outside.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mendy said...

maybe "yourself" is actually in the not-fitting-into-just-one-category. maybe you can't be defined by one particular culture and that is just who you are and it's ok. i often feel like that. there are parts of my growing-up-years community/culture that i still very much identify myself with and yet there are many parts of that culture that i completely reject. i think that makes us non-conformists, which is not a bad thing. maybe you could start to "proflect" your non-conformancy (also a made up word...thank you very much).

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home