Friday, October 01, 2010

Re-finding Myself -Part 2 "The Prequel"

Seems like over the past couple years I've lost myself. I don't do the things I used to do-things I love like write. I guess that is somewhat reflected in my blog posts or lack thereof. Poetry should flow not drip out choked by a faucets beyond my control. I don't eat, run, or read like I used to. It is almost as if living hasn't been living for me. All I've been doing is reluctantly existing. Reasoning against my feelings and breathing a stale passionless air into half black lungs fueling blue blood. I once wrote a poem about how I want to die like a star changing everything in my sphere of influence. I just want to be me again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mendy said...

yay! you're blogging again. that's writing, you know. maybe the poetry will start to drip again soon. you aren't the only one, by the way, that experiences that. one of my favorite writers says: "keep returning to the road of freedom: when suddenly you seem to lose all you thought you had gained, do not despair. your healing is not a straight line. you must expect setbacks and regressions. don't say to yourself, 'all is lost. i have to start all over again.' this is not true. what you have gained, you have gained... try to think instead as being pulled off the road for a while. when you return to the road, you return to the place where you left it, not to where you started." i think that is really beautiful and encouraging; to know that to experience a setback is not a loss but really just another opportunity to change and adapt and grow. i hope that encourages you as it does me.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home